How to play Baccarat
Baccarat is a game where 2 hands are dealt. One being the Banker’s or “Banco” hand, the other being the Player’s or “Punto” hand. Before each deal is made, the player can bet on whether he/she thinks the Banker’s hand or the Player’s hand will come to a total closest to 9. There is also the option to bet on a tie. This is when both the Banker’s and the Player’s hand come to the same total. A player can also bet on all 3 or any combination of the 3 outcomes. Baccarat is played witrh 8 decks of 52 cards.
At the start of a hand, you have 15 seconds in which to place your bet. Once the countdown clock reaches zero you will not be allowed to change the bet you have placed on a hand.
To place a bet, just follow these simple steps:
- If this is your first bet of the session, click on the ‘New bet’ button.
- Click on the chip images you see in the bottom left hand corner of the screen to select a chip value.
- Click again in the betting box at the bottom of the screen to place a chip.
- Each extra time you click in the betting box, it will add another chip of the same value, so if you wanted to bet £15 you would select the £5 chip and then click the mouse three times in the betting box. Each time you click in the betting box you will see an extra chip added and your bet size increase by £5.
If have changed your mind about the bet you have placed then you can cancel either the last chip you placed by pressing “Cancel Last”, or the entire bet by pressing “Cancel All”.
Once you have placed your chips in the betting box there is no need to press confirm (in fact, there is no confirm button). Any chips in the betting box when the countdown reaches zero form the bet that you are placing.
You will only be allowed to place bets within the table limits, and you will find these minimum/maximum levels displayed clearly on the table.
Our unique online interface allows you to play the hand your way while others play the hand differently. This means that while everyone will start with the same two cards, and the dealer will always start with the same starting cards, the betting is your decision.
You will win or lose the hand based solely on the decisions you have taken; the decisions other people take will have no impact on your hand.
Baccarat is played from an eight-deck shoe. All face cards and 10′s have no value. Cards less than 10 are counted at face value, Aces are worth 1. Suits don’t matter. Only single digit values are valid. Any count that reaches a double digit drops the left digit. 15 is counted as 5 and 25 is also counted as 5. An example of a hand is:
Player receives cards: Queen, 2, 9 = 0+2+9 = 11 = 1
To start, the players bet either on the Banker or the Player or a tie between the Bankers and the Players hands. The card dealer gives two cards each; first to the player and then the banker. The object of the game is to bet on the hand that you think will have the highest total value.
A third card may be dealt to either or both the player and the bank based on the following three-card-rules. It is not necessary to learn these rules to play, they are compulsory decisions and therefore automatic:
- If either the player or the bank have a total of 8 or 9 on the first two cards no further cards are drawn. The resulting hand is called a natural and the hand is over.
- If the player’s total is less than or equal to 5 the player’s hand draws a third card.
- If the player does not draw a third card, then the bank’s hand stands on 6 or more and takes a third card on a total of 5 or less. If the player does take a third card then the Bank’s third-card-rule below will determine if the bank takes a third card.
- If the bank’s total is 2 or less then bank draws a card, regardless of what the players third card is.
- If the banks total is 3 then the bank draws a third card unless the players third card was an 8.
- If the banks total is 4 then the bank draws a third card unless the players third card was a 0, 1, 8, or 9.
- If the banks total is 5 then the bank draws a third card if the players third card was 4, 5, 6, or 7.
- If the banks total is 6 then the bank draws a third card if the players third card was a 6 or 7.
- If the banks total is 7 then the bank stands.
Baccarat Pairs Game Rules:
To win the bet on ‘Banker Pair’, the first 2 cards dealt to the Banker must be a pair. To win the bet on ‘Player Pair’, the first 2 cards dealt to the Player must be a pair
2 Way is a quick way to wager on the ‘Banker Pair’ and the ‘Player Pair’. The wager amount placed on ’2 Way’ will be the combined amount placed on ‘Banker Pair’ and ‘Player Pair’ respectively. This means, if the player wagers $10 ’2 Way’, this is a bet for $10 on ‘Player Pair’ and $10 on ‘Banker Pair’, coming to a total of $20. You will win if either the Banker hand or Player hand result in a pair. If the result comes out with both ‘Banker Pair’ and ‘Player Pair’, the total payout will be $110+$110=$220.
’3 way’ acts in the same way as ’2 Way’. ’3 way’ is a short cut to place a bet on ‘banker pair’, ‘player pair’ and ‘tie’. The bet amount wagered on ’3 way’ will be the combined amount wagered on ‘Banker pair’, ‘Player Pair’ and ‘Tie’ respectively. This means, if the player wagers $10 on ’3 Way’, this is a bet for $10 on ‘Player Pair’, $10 on ‘Banker Pair’ and $10 on ‘Tie’, totalling $30. You will win if either the Banker hand or Player hand result in a pair. If the result comes out with both ‘Banker Pair’ and ‘Player Pair’, with a final result of ‘Tie’, the total payout will be $110+$110+$80=$300.
|Banker Pair Win||1:11|
|Player Pair Win||1:11|
We want our players to have fun while gambling at Heaven Casino Live, so we encourage responsible gambling. Click here for more information.